Sunday 17 November 2013

Buff Guys at Stud Bar

Another fond memory of the summer was going to Stud Bar from time to time, enjoying its terasse right along the side of Papineau Street, seeing all the varied types of guys there. It's really one of the most popular bars in the Village, and their is a good flow-thru of traffic of all genres - so you really do have your pick and your fancy there.
 
 
 
The staff is super friendly there, the bartenders work fast to serve drinks, and they really act to look after their clientele - their proposition is to be a great neighbourhood bar. They have a cool upstairs open on Saturday nights in the summer time (high season), with disco music and throwbacks to the day, and sometimes even accompagnied by retro music videos too! Truly rare video gems!
 
I like to dance upstairs mostly, they have mirrors, so you can check yourself whenever necessary and make sure you're looking your best.
 
Downstairs is a bit of a zoo. The dancefloor is usually crammed, and their are some crazies that monopolize the dancefloor, they twirl spin, and are apparently on Planet Elsewhere in Galaxy System God Knows ... but it makes for good people watching and entertainment while sipping your beer if you just want to be a casual onlooker minding your own business and hanging out in the wings.
 
The bar is also dark and cruisey, makes for good random pick-ups in the shadows, and allows for discretion. It's also all ages all the time - older and younger can mingle - which often a lot of gay bars in general do not strive to achieve. The two bar islands on either ends of the joint are also great social hubs, but it's more the one in the front that is more social and lively.

Glimspe inside, if you are able to look PAST hot barman ...

I was there on the last day of Pride Weekend. I only had a chance to catch the last glimspe of the parade, due to work! And saw herds of people making their way from Rene Levesque up to St. Catherine, and then on to Le Grande Danse at Parc Emelie-Gamelin near the Gay Village.
 
My night that Sunday ended up at Stud Bar, super-packed, tourist-y, and lots of fun. I met a stocky muscle bear there on the dancefloor, and we flirted for a bit and then went out for a smoke, and I then I think he lost interested and went his own way. But I remember his stocky body, twisting, bouncing, turning on the dancefloor with the light reflecting off his sweaty chest and back. I told him he had an AWESOME BODY, and he told me my body was awesome too! But I really didn't think so - maybe to him yes.
 
He tried to take off my shirt, which was this homemade cut-off sort of t-shirt, already revealing a lot of my arms, chest, and back ... but I didn't let him (perhaps giving him the idea I was prudish, conservative). I admit, I am sometimes a party pooper, and can be less adventurous than others. However, I am not really that conservative. It's just that clothes are meant to be worn, and I don't just take off my shirt all Matthew McCoughany whenever it suits me. The cold streets of Montréal are not the beaches of Florida.
 
But anywayz! He was still hot, and still a big shock to me that that type of hotness would step up to me and flirt a little, and tongue. Ah ... a good pride weekend memory! He was buff and kinda reminded of the guy below with the leather sash, but a more natural version. He was also shorter than me, which I found hot that he had such a buff body for his size.
 
I found some more buff hoties (down here) and wanted to add them to my collection. The buff bod is one of favourite body types. Big, chunky, stocky, masculine ... but not too overtly muscular, or too impeccably toned and defined that would instantly make anybody insecure and feel like they have weight issues. Enjoy my selection!


No comments:

Post a Comment